Thoughts on... 2015

Although I have lost confidence in the idea of resolutions – more like lost confidence in myself in following through with my resolutions – I still make them year after year. It is pretty useless actually, but it does give me some sense of direction for the brand new year (which I will always lose sight of by February). Without further ado, here are my resolutions for 2015:-

  • Walk more.
  • Read more.
  • Write more.
  • Laugh more.
  • Volunteer more.
The last one is a new addition to my yearly listing. I have to clarify that when I write “volunteer more”, it does not necessarily mean volunteering for charity or mission work. It is just volunteering in general (for events like the Singapore Writers Festival or the Standard Chartered Marathon). It is something that I have been doing for a while but never made into a resolution.

As for the second last resolution… it is not easy, but I will try!

Also, note that the resolutions are things that I have been doing, but wanted to do more. Thus, I supposed that it will not be difficult to follow through them all. *sly smile*

Are you making any New Year resolutions of your own? Or have you given up on the enterprise amidst venomous fumes of procrastination, laziness and discouragement?

Here are two links on habit formation that may help: Lifehack’s 18 Tricks to Make New Habits Stick and Forbe’s Habit Formation: The 21-Day Myth.

Here is to keeping our resolutions and turning them into reality! *clink* (glasses of Moscato, I don’t drink champagne)

Photo taken at Hyde Park, London.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comments

Popular Posts