Looking back...

at 2012.

What can I say? All I remember of 2012 is my part-time studies. And how badly I wanted to finish it off. So so badly. So badly that it became an aching need deep inside of me which manifested into shoulder aches (mental to physical). For the latter half of 2012, I am struggling with my studies, my work and the shoulder aches. It is no fun and not something I wish to repeat. In fact, now I sort of look like a body builder or a much much scrawnier non-green Hulk because the knots on my shoulders has grown so big they look like muscles that came with constant weight training. I would not consider myself overly vain, but I think it is gross. A body builder with a large tummy. Disproportionately gross.

Now that I have completed my part-time studies, my mind has been relieved yet a little bored. Right after my last paper, I stretched my tension away, exhaled stress inhaled relieve, smelled the roses, looked at life with rose-tinted glasses and picked up a book from my three-year old book stash (books, old and new, accumulated over a period of three years) and read it like I have never read a book in my life. I was that hungry for some fictional work outside my English Literature syllabus. I was starved for some light-hearted reading. Reading that does not need me to analyse the written prose or the meaning too deeply. Reading at leisure. After I devoured the book, I continued with my beloved television programmes. I started with Running Man (a Korean variety show), then Season 1 of The Big Bang Theory (BBT). Now I am onto my second season of BBT and starting on Season 1 of Psych (no relation to Psy whatsoever, you will not see any horse-galloping moves but loads of horsing around). For anyone who have not heard of Psych, I recommend it. It is a ridiculously hilarious show about two best friends who goes around solving crimes and one of them calls himself a 'psychic' detective. I have not watched Season 1 so I thought I will be a purist and begin with that.

However, my mind could not survive without some intellectual activity. So I signed up for Korean classes (Basic Level 1) that will start in 2013. I am serious about the Korean classes. I planned to be proficient in it so that I move to South Korea to work and stay for an indefinite period of time (and hopefully bump into Running Man at least once). After which, I want to be very proficient in Japanese too, so that I can do the same and hopefully meet Takeshi Kaneshiro (if he is in Japan and not Taiwan).

Also, since my mind is truly and greatly bored and hungers for more intellectual pursuits, I have foolishly accepted the Honours Programme that my university has offered me. Another year of part-time studies (due to start mid-2013 if my deferment is approved). I am inwardly thinking, "I WANT TO DIE!". I must be high or incredibly bored at the point of acceptance because I am guessing that by the end of my Honours Programme, I would have (1) not/probably/most likely not gotten First Class Honours, (2) looked like a serious body builder who does one-arm push-ups while reading texts to develop huge shoulder-to-neck beef and (3) at the same time still look like a pregnant/overweight woman. So by mid-2014, after the completion of my Honours Programme, I will look like a grosser more disgusting version of what I look like now. In which case I very much rather be The Hulk, all-green with genuine beef.

ARGH.

To cut it short, 2012 is all about my studies and no social life. And I believe I will be right to say that the latter half of 2013 to mid-2014 will look very much like 2012.

Oh well, my chosen path. Now to watch BBT.

Comments

Popular Posts