SURPRISE!


I'm actually quite surprised to see that I posted a total of 5 times in this blog last year! I have completely forgotten that I tried to revive this blog last year - during the lockdown - and have failed at it. Maybe that is why I don't remember posting at all - a bad memory forgotten and kicked out. 

Yet here I am again making another post in the last quarter of 2021. 

What am I doing here again you may ask? Trying to revive this dead thing? Yet again? Well, she's bound to fail, yes she is. By the time the second post rolls around she will have lost all interest to post a third. 

Yes it may be true. I am trying to blog again - to exercise my badly atrophied writing muscle. I haven't written for myself in such a long time that I am having a difficult time looking for the right words. And my spelling has gone down the dumps ever since Word has spell check, all messaging platforms on my mobile has spell check, and Grammarly is installed in my computer. I tell you I have reverted to my eight-year old brain that forms simple sentences using simple vocabulary and misspelling simple words. 

But also, I have been motivated by YouTube to write. 

Wait, what? 

Yes, YouTube. The repository of all sorts of viewing pleasures and displeasures. With video-making so easy these days that even a young child can create one, videos are rampant! Videos are the new blogs now, with every new video coming out every few days from the multitude of channels to "like, subscribe and hit the bell button to be notified!". 

Let me explain further how YouTube inspired me to revive this dead thing. 

While doing my research into decorating and furnishing my own place, I turned to YouTube. I started with watching tiny homes and small homes (ingenious I tell you!), which then led to how people redecorate their small living spaces, then to cooking for one person, then to... so on and so forth. You get the idea. YouTube is a rabbit hole. The viewing never ends. 

Somehow I chanced upon Japanese and South Korean YouTubers. And OMG can they be anymore inspiring? Somehow their homes, how it was decorated, the aesthetics and their Zen lifestyles clicked with me. I aspire my home to look like theirs and to produce homecooked meals and to do housework like them! 

Now fast forward a few months of bingeing Japanese and South Korean YouTubers (I liked and subscribed to a few that I really really enjoyed), I am settled down in my new place and (sort-of) living like them. Oh, who am I bluffing. Do I really need to wear puffy-sleeved linen blouse and long pleated skirts at home to cook and do my housework? That borders on the ridiculous (no offence though, different country with different weather you know). 

Then I thought, I should record this new milestone of my life. I've living on my own now. It is a dream come true. It is to be celebrated and recorded. So while I cannot, and could not be arsed, to make a video - I thought, why not blog? Yes, nobody reads blogs nowadays. NOBODY READS nowadays. Period. But I am not looking to expand my readership or earn the blog equivalent of the YouTube Silver Play button. I am just wanting to share my life and some pictures of my life with... myself probably, as I put down my thoughts in this blog. It is a journal (of sorts) that documents my living alone - from now on. 

So yes, this blogs now aim to be the word (and picture) equivalent of those aspirational videos that have inspired me. From now on, my posts will be about the mundane, the routine, the commonplace, the average - just me, living in my place. 


Comments

Popular Posts