SG50: My miniscule tribute

In the spirit of SG50, this is my little tribute to Singapore. 

When 7th August was declared as a public holiday (one-off), the first thought that jumped into mind was “TRAVEL”. But it was then rationally replaced by this afterthought, "NO! The holiday was given to celebrate SG50, I should stay in Singapore!” 

After all, that is the purpose and intent of the public holiday, to celebrate the achievements and history and growth of this prosperous nation. I have been happily checking out the activities lined up to celebrate SG50 that weekend. And boy... so many choices available! One thing for sure: I will be attending the Sing50 concert and the National Day celebration! My-oh-my! 

I have never attended the actual National Day celebration before and I am stoked, especially since this year’s edition will be mega! The only other time I attended the parade was when I was Primary 5 and we had the opportunity to watch the full-dress rehearsal. I remember feeling very lucky and blessed (even more so when we were served KFC!). 

When I chose to convert into a Singaporean, it was with minimal hesitation. I knew that I will never return to my homeland because I wouldn't be able to get used to living there. I have been too pampered here. My closest friends are here. Most of my best memories were created here. There is really no reason not to convert. In short, I have become attached to Singapore. I have came to call Singapore home. My home. 

So now I cannot wait to relive that exciting National Day experience and am more stoked than ever. I am sure this year’s parade will be spectacular! 

Comments

Popular Posts