2-cents a week: Breakfast #3



Is breakfast my favourite meal of the day?

I would say yes, with a little shrug and a non-committal nod. I mean, I enjoy eating but I do somewhat enjoy my breakfasts (or brunches – depends on when I wake up) a little more than my other meals. Again, if I can have a fantasy day to myself, this is how it would start:

The rays of the sun hit me. My eyelids flutter open, lashes all naturally curled and dark. My huge manga-like sea green eyes (Yes! Fantasy eyes! Why not?) focused on my beautiful Victorian-styled room (this is turning out to be some anime I think I've watched before).

(bear with me)

I slid off my queen-sized bed, my high thread-count feather-soft Egyptian cotton bed sheet rustling. I did a mini stretch, a yoga pose, every inch of me instantly feeling looser and firmer at the same time. I tiptoed out my room, but too late, my glossy golden Cocker Spaniel is awake and has joyfully bounded up to me to greet me with his licks.

There, on my maple table in my breakfast nook, a little extension of my house that is made entirely of glass to let in all the light and the amazing greenery outside, lays my breakfast. Before I seat myself down (let us imagine that my breath is already minty fresh and my teeth need no brushing upon waking), I pushed open a glass window. Fresh air entered and chilled the room, bringing down the temperature just right. I breathed in deeply, walked to the table, and sat down.

While leisurely enjoying my fantasy breakfast (of which you have already read about in the previous post), I would read the newspaper – just the lifestyle section, if you will – with no notion of time or stress or work or anything else.

That is my fantasy start to my fantasy day.

Just in case you are wondering, I am alone in my fantasy breakfast nook. I like being left alone for breakfasts. No offence to the people I usually start the day with. I just like starting the day with me, myself and my thoughts. I can eat my breakfast as slowly as I want and reflect about the past, present and future. It is simply the best time to spend alone (the thinking part is optional).

So yep, I am now officially depressed. 

Comments

Popular Posts