Working from Home

So... the COVID-19 situation has taken me out of the office and placed me at home to work. I've always dreamt about working at home ever since... I started working. I thought it will be cool, chill, fun, easy.

Now the time has come for me to work at home and I... did not embrace it at all. In fact I was whining like a little bitch about how I miss my colleagues (which I really do) and how lunchtime is a pain because now (1) I don't have a selection of stalls to choose ready-made food and (2) I have to prepare my own lunch, which is time-consuming. I also really really miss the air-conditioning because it is so warm, humid and stuffy in my tiny room that I share with my sister. Yes, I have extra body heat next to me.

On day 2 of my work from home situation and I am slowly growing stir-crazy. By 5pm I was in a foul mood, my neck had a crick, my shoulders stiff, and my eyes could barely open nor close (they were in a semi-permanent squint). I WAS TIRED, even more tired then when I had to go into office to work (which makes me realise how blessed I am to have a comfortable office space to work in). Now that I was a deranged haggard office lady at home, I had to go out to get some fresh air in the nearby park - which did me wonders.

Day 3 my mood was even worst. I was positively stewing in my perspiration and unhappiness. My eyes were even smaller and my body has aged four times. I am being dramatic but I do feel that some personal boundary has been crossed here. I began to resent having to work at home. Home is my sanctuary, the place where I take a break from work and hide from the craziness of the world. It is where I unwind and breathe (and fart) freely. Now work has invaded my sanctuary and although I can still fart freely, it isn't the same when I am tackling tasks and firing answers back to inane emails. These are angry tense farts, bombs let go in a fit of stress. It's very different from carefree farts released with a loud snicker just to annoy my siblings. URGH.

My personal and professional lines are crossed! My personal and professional lives are now intertwined!

Now the weekend is here, but I don't feel relief or happier because... I'll still be at home in my tainted not-so-personal sanctuary and wondering when can I fart normally again.

Edit: In retrospect I am being a bitch for complaining. I should be thankful that I still have a job, whether I'm working from home or office. I pray for the pandemic to stop and for normalcy to resume. These are hard times and we should be thankful for what we do have. Stay safe ya'll. 

Comments

Popular Posts