Sleep is ALL I Could Think About

Honestly, sleep is all I could think about since 2020 began.

I lack sleep.
I am hungry for sleep.
I crave sleep.
I am ravenous for sleep.
Sleep is all I could think about.
And at work, all I could think about is how not to fall asleep.

It is a terrible way to start 2020, but it is reality. I am not sugar-coating anything because my brain lacks the energy to sugar-coat.

Anyhoo, it is known that majority of Singaporeans lack sleep. I know that I am part of the statistics. And we worked way too may hours man. If you want work-life balance, ban my management from sending me emails at 11:59pm Sunday nights. I only read them on Monday mornings in the office anyway. Knowing that my boss is checking emails on a Sunday night when I am already in lalaland does not make me a better worker. It does nothing for my morale. If anything, it just gives me a slightly bitter impression of my boss.

So if you are in management, I implore you not to send that email before work begins and after work has ended. Please relax when you are not at work. Nothing is that urgent. Be like the French. Ban sending emails out after-work and before-work hours. Personal time is sacred. Sleeping time is sacred.

Of course I cannot put the blame on my job and my bosses for my lack of sleep. There's no direct link here because I am like the French. I don't entertain my bosses or colleagues after work. I don't check emails after work. I don't bring my work laptop home. I am a good employee.

The only thing I can blame them for is keeping me in the office, at my desk, thinking that I am working while I want to do is nod off. I want my home. I want my sofa. I want to lie down.

If I can have a lie down in the office with no judgement I'll do it. RIGHT NOW.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comments

Popular Posts