Lolling in London: Dinner at Burger and Lobster at Harvey Nichols

You will definitely not get a headache choosing what to eat at Burger and Lobster, simply because there isn't an extensive menu to choose from. There are only 3 items on the board (literally on the board, there is no hard copy food menu): Beef Burger, Lobster in Shell and Lobster Roll, all priced at GBP20.


My friend and I ordered the Lobster in Shell and Lobster Roll. The Beef Burger just doesn't seem that appetising when faced with lobsters, and we are not going to pay 20 quid for beef-in-buns. However, I noticed a lot of patrons ordering the Beef Burger, so it must be good, good enough to justify that price.

Lobster in Shell.



Look at that baby!

The dishes came with a side of salad and thick-cut fries, which are good, but negligible. I mean, we came for the lobster right? The lobster in question was perfectly cooked and the flesh readily leaves the shell. If some errant shell impeded your progress to lobster bliss, simply wave to one of the friendly servers and they will promptly banish the obstacle with a crack of the shell-cracking device (there is a name for it, but I’m just being insipid). As you chomp down (on the flesh, not the shell), you will find that the flesh is sweet and juicy. You just know, instinctively, how fresh the lobster is. The accompanying lemon butter sauce, served in a gravy bowl, has just the right amount of zesty tang to cut away the buttery richness. It goes very well with the sweet juicy lobster. I only wish there were more of that heavenly sauce. I didn't try to ask for more (because fattening/calories/cholesterol), but you probably can ask for a refill. However, the lobster is good enough to be eaten on its own sans sauce.

Lobster Roll.

Bursting. Overflowing. Titillating.

You might also think that the Lobster Roll was overpriced (like I did as well), a mere sandwich for GBP20. But it is a sandwich bursting with generous portions of lobster flesh. It looks inviting, the lips of the sandwich parting titillatingly so you get a good glimpse of the treasure stuffed inside, beckoning you to take a bite. The bread is a tad too oily though, you can see it glossing in the light, as if soaked in butter before being put on the griddle, but it is not a bad thing (for the taste buds, but possibly detrimental to health). It makes the Lobster Roll mouth-wateringly sumptuous. So no complaints about the oiliness there, cholesterol be damned. The generous portion of lobster flesh makes it one sandwich that is worth every cent paid. The Lobster Roll also came with the gravy bowl of lemon butter goodness, which well, further heightens the buttery flavour. Again, you can still enjoy the Lobster Roll sans sauce.

Well-stocked bar.

Lemon Bitters (I believe).

Some cocktail.

The drinks menu, on the other hand, is extensive. They do have a well-stocked bar within the restaurant, so no worries there. I couldn't remember what my friend and I ordered; only that my drink was sour and bitter. Lime bitters I think. My friend had a cocktail and I cannot remember her verdict. To say the least, the drinks were not the star of meal.  

Overall, I fell madly in love with the Lobster Roll. If I had a chance to eat there again, I would probably go for the Lobster Roll. The Lobster in Shell would probably be a better choice, because economics, but damn it all.



They have different outlets with some taking reservations and some don’t. Do check out their website to find out more: http://www.burgerandlobster.com/

Comments

Popular Posts