Journey to Hong Kong - INDULGING IN HONG KONG: Yee Shun Milk Company

After tasting the awesomeness that is Australia Dairy Company (ADC), I was disappointed with my experience with Yee Shun Milk Company (YSMC). They too sell the same type of breakfast: toast (多士) and puddings, but they are far from ADC’s standard. 一个天一个地。But do remember that this is my personal opinion, with intelligences gathered from my own and my friends’ taste buds. There will be others who might love it.


Yee Shun Milk Company.

Firstly, I do believe that YSMC’s breakfast will not be that disappointing if we hadn’t tasted ADC’s first. Also, I know that I should allow for some differences since they are different companies, but the items they sell are so similar that it is tough not to compare one with the other. So yeah, compare them is what we did.



YSMC’s breakfast is not bad. It just pales in comparison to ADC. One is like rich golden butter, while the other is bland shortening. As a normal breakfast, YSMC is just fine, but it lacks that ‘extra’ oomph that ADC has. As you can see from the pictures, their toasts are slightly different. The bread is not as thick, which is why it is harder and drier. Also, the scrambled eggs are not as light and fluffy, but denser. It also does not have the delicious flavour that ADC boasts of.

Pork chop bun.

However, there is one item that we didn’t get from ADC: the pork chop bun. In all seriousness it is forgettable. Because in all seriousness I cannot remember how it taste like. So in all seriousness I cannot tell you how it fared. Same goes for the milk and egg puddings. No memories of them, in all seriousness.

Top: Steamed milk pudding. Bottom: Steamed egg pudding.

Overall, I would advise you to just get your scramble egg toast fix from ADC. But if you want to do a comparison, go ahead. The food is not great, but it is edible.



Note: again we did not visit the shop itself but doggy-bagged the food to eat at the apartment. So our judgements are not affected by the environment of the shops. I had no idea how both shops look like.

There are other reviews about YSMC and you can Google around to get the general opinion: Aspirant SGFoodieFC.

Comments

Popular Posts