Journey to Hong Kong - INDULGING IN HONG KONG: Australian Dairy Company (懊洲牛奶公司)

“Dou see” (“多士”).

That is what they call “toast”. I laughed. I mean no disrespect, but it really sounds like “lots of shit” in Cantonese. Nevertheless, my God, these toasts are to die for!

I’m sad to say (and admit) that we never had our meal at the shop itself. Our rented apartment is a few streets away from the shop and hence one of us went to buy it back for breakfast (cough*sleeping in*cough). Besides, it is almost always crowded with tourists and locals, which just proves that their food is awesome possum.


So we had three paper bags, three bowls and three cups. Of what you ask? OF THE AWESOMEST BREAKFAST EVER!!! I apologise for the lack of synonyms to the word ‘awesome’ because I really could not think of any other word that best describes how I feel about it.

Look at the fluffy scrambled eggs!

We had the highly-recommended scrambled egg toast and a ham-and-cheese toast. The egg toast is unbelievably good. The star is of course the eggs – scrambled to perfection – light, airy and deliciously seasoned. I can’t put a finger on how they seasoned the egg. It is just so yummy! Sandwiched in between two thick toasted and lightly buttered bread, it makes for a lip-smacking breakfast. The bread is toasted beautifully, with just the right amount of chewiness and crispness.

The ham-and-cheese toast.

The ham-and-cheese pales in comparison. There is nothing special and it disappoints after the high you experienced with the egg toast. You can definitely skip it and order two scrambled egg toasts for yourself (glutton, I am).

Macaroni soup.

The three bowls contain the ubiquitous egg pudding, milk pudding and a bowl of macaroni soup. I am not a big fan of macaroni, but the savoury broth is yummy! It also has slices of tender beef, ‘wallet’ egg which is fried egg (何包蛋), and a slice of ham. This bowl of macaroni would be very satisfying on a cold and rainy day.

Milk pudding.

Egg pudding.

I must admit that I cannot really remember how the milk and egg puddings tasted. I know the texture is somewhat runny (but not in a disgusting way). I believe they tasted good as well because we finished both bowls.

Milk teas and Yuan Yang (tea mixed with coffee).
The best!

Overall, a very satisfying breakfast. The highlight is obviously the scrambled egg toast. But if you can fit in more, do order the bowl of macaroni soup and don’t forgo the cup of milk tea! There you have it. The best breakfast ever.


Click here for more information:
http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=90

Comments

Popular Posts