Rant... WHY THE F**K WOULD IT SUDDENLY RAIN?!

I am a little beside myself and this is a little out of character but this post is a rant. Probably going to be the first of many? We’ll see how it goes.

So… unless you’ve been living under a rock, you would know that the Singapore Grand Prix just took place over the weekends. Hamilton took pole position at the qualifiers and then took the trophy. All racing (and Hamilton and/or Mercedes) fans cheered and went home happy and satisfied at money well spent for an immensely enjoyable weekend while they wait excitedly to see what next year would bring. Or they probably already bagged tickets for next year. The earliest birds.  

Not me.

Yes, I enjoyed myself somewhat but I was bloody disappointed as well. And resentful. And angsty. And just plain annoyed. Like a teenager who had been refused her Hello Kitty plushie because her parents selfishly refused to queue up at McDonald’s and she is waaaaaaaaaaaay too precious to do it. She can’t be standing for hours on end on her gold Haviannas. Or glass slippers. Or whatever. And her parents simply refused to let the maid do it as well. Oh puh-leeeez… the toilets can clean themselves and there is no need for dinner. Queuing up at McDonald’s would get us dinner! *fumes*

Yes. I felt like that. Deprived. Robbed of my privilege. Not that I ever had a maid. Or any hankering for a Hello Kitty plushie. I don’t even like the cat… or girl… or… whatever (a hybridised cat-girl). Also, if I want something, I’ll get it myself. I don’t depend on my parents to get it for me (ahem, this is a disclaimer of sorts. I am not like that aforementioned teenager). So I am angry.

Because… what is the use of being a bloody PREMIER WALKABOUT ticket holder and NOT getting to watch Robbie Williams perform?!?!

I place the blame fully on RAIN.

Seriously RAIN… you could have come after the concert! What were you thinking?!?! Or you could have sent some blessed shower in the morning when NOTHING is happening! That would have cleared the haze and made it a better (and healthier) Saturday for everyone to be out and about. Has the haze made you all woozy and vague in your brain?

I’ve been waiting the whole day, no scratch that, months to see Robbie Williams. Since the time I secured my PREMIER WALKABOUT tickets, Robbie is all I could think of. Why oh why you have to rain on my parade?! He doesn’t come to Singapore often and this is once in a lifetime! I am a huge fan of Robbie (since I was a wee teenager). Admittedly I don’t listen much to his newer offerings (except for his latest album Swings Both Ways, love it!) but I know almost every song from his older repertoire. I was beyond excited standing there at the Padang awaiting his appearance. My teenage idol! I’ve always harboured the dream of watching him in concert, hands waving along while he croons “She’s the One” or mouthing the words to “Rock DJ” while making silly robotic dance moves.

But RAIN… this time you did it.

You appeared before Robbie did. FUN SUCKER! You dampened my mood, along with my feet, my shorts, my blouse and my new bag. At first it was a manageable drizzle, a light rain, which we escaped by standing under the Grand Prix map. I kept hoping that you would go away but you refused to budge. You kept on pouring and the more you pour, the more enthusiastic you got and the limper the map got. The map soon became a spineless wreck and we have to dump it. RAIN oh RAIN, I didn’t know you are a fan of Robbie as well. I can only imagine the measure of excitement you have at the prospects of seeing him that you wet your pants. Oh but I forget, forgive me, that there are no pants in existence that will fit you and you have therefore, wet all us mortals below. I thought my pants-wetting days would be over, but really, you have just made me relive my years of dreaming that I am sitting on the toilet bowl when I am actually sleeping on my mattress. WET. I also (naively) thought that I would be excited enough and jump around enough during the concert to soak my pants through but no, you had to take away that enjoyment as well. I was soaked all the way through from shorts to undergarments by your blessing.

Really RAIN, you take the crown for being the greatest fan of Robbie Williams. For that, I kowtow to you.

I hoped you enjoyed his performance. I hoped you had the time of your life. I hoped you enjoyed pissing on my parade. I hoped you’re embarrassed about your pants-wetting moment. You bloody F**KER.


Afterword:
In all honesty, I have only myself to blame.

The rain did come before Robbie appeared but when he came out, we stayed on. Then the rain got heavier and we decided to leave, even though he continued singing. We were all soaked through, he was all soaked through and many other fans were all soaked through. But we made the decision to leave. I was upset, of course, but also somewhat angry with myself for not deciding to stay on, albeit alone. I would have been happy and it would be the concert to remember. But I was pathetic and… well, I bowed under peer pressure. It’s like being a teenager all over again. ANGST.

So instead of writing a review I am now writing a rant.  
I guess I’m not that great a fan after all. *shamefaced*


On the other hand… I did get the privilege of standing really close to the stage while John Legend performed on Sunday! That was amaze-balls. 

Comments

Popular Posts