The gap and the start of something new

Sorry for the long gap in between posts. I have been busy.

There is

  • work
  • baking, and researching on recipes
  • a small side thingy
  • life
that has been keeping me occupied. 

Out of all, I am most happy to be kept busy baking. Even my fictional/non-fiction books have taken a back seat and are languishing in the warm humid corners of my shelf. Recipes (in book form and printouts) dominate my table now. When I go shopping, I visit the kitchen section scouring for bake ware and tools. In libraries I search for recipe books. The sudden growth in interest amazes me. I have always been interested in baking, but have maintained at only attending lessons. 

Now all that has changed. I have experimented with baking in my kitchen (my mother's kitchen to be exact) and after months of fooling around with flour, baking powder/soda, butter, eggs, cream cheese, I think I can say that I have progressed from being a novice to being an amateur baker. 

And I have the "badge" to prove it:-



I once attended a lesson at Creative Culinaire where the instructor (Chef Judy Koh) said that a baker will inevitably get burnt marks on their arms. They are like a baker's badge, the more you have the higher the rank. Kidding. You should always be careful when handling machinery and hot stuff, or machinery that is hot stuff.

Although I am 'proud' of getting a "badge", at that moment in time when my skin touched hot metal, I was like

"Ffffuuuuuuccccc*****!" while jumping around like a loon. Not fun at all I tell ya.

Comments

  1. I have many of those badges, but most of mine are on the tops of my hands! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah icic. Mine was a result of pushing a pie dish too far into the oven, so I had to reach far into the oven to retrieve it, resulting in the burn :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts